As summer is fast approaching, we thought it would be a good time to talk about swimsuit shopping. While a small percentage of lucky women can really rock a bikini, most of us dread shopping for swimwear. Here are a few tips to make it easier:
1. Go in a good mood. Don’t go swimsuit shopping on a day when your self-esteem is low.
2. Get a self-tan. Many women self-tan before a vacation, but doing it the day before you try on a swimsuit makes a world of difference in how you look.
3. Different is good. Get out of your comfort zone and try on something you wouldn’t normally wear.
4. Try on a lot of suits. Don’t settle until you find something that you absolutely love.
5. Be realistic. What worked for you in your 20s isn’t going to necessarily work for you when you’re older
6. Sizing is key. Never buy too big or too small.
7. Twist and bend a lot in the suits you try on. Make sure you are absolutely comfortable before committing to swimwear.
8. Wear a thong underneath. Do not go to try on swimwear in granny underwear. It will do terrible things to your morale.
9. Shave or wax if you plan on buying a bikini bottom.
10. Go in early morning. It’s much easier to go swimwear shopping when the store is not crowded. You won’t have to watch other women prancing around in front of the mirror, and you’ll have the salesperson’s full attention.
11. Don’t eat a big meal right before. Enough said.
12. Accentuate your assets and camouflage the rest. Prints camouflage and so do dark solid and certain bright solid colors. Light solid colors accentuate, so use those for your best assets.
We hope this eases the pain of swimsuit shopping and that your next experience is a good one!